Types of complaints we can consider
- Difficulty repaying loans, credit cards and short-term finance
- Errors in banking transactions and credit listings
- Denial of an insurance claim (such as car, home and contents, pets, travel, income protection and trauma)
- Inappropriate investment advice
- A trustee’s decision about the distribution of a superannuation benefit.
Types of complaints we can't consider
- Complaints with a business that is not a member of AFCA at the time the complaint is lodged
- Complaints already dealt with by AFCA, a court, tribunal, or a predecessor scheme
- Some complaints subject to legal proceedings
- Specific insurance products such as private health insurance and some commercial general insurance products.